MS2 Extra MegaSquirt 2 EMS stand alone engine management system assembled with the latest surface mount PCB3.57 in an anodized black case – Assembled Unit Part # MS2357-C
MegaSquirt has been installed on thousands of engines from purpose built race-cars to restored classics. Turbo, supercharged, or NA the MegaSquirt can handle your fueling needs. More information about MegaSquirt can be found in DIYAutoTune’s thorough F.A.Q.
MS2 Extra changed the landscape for the do-it-yourself, hardcore hobbyist racer providing an affordable engine management system built to support all facets of competitive racing. Just ask Austin Emrany, who took his turbo charged sbf Mustang into the 8’s with his MS2/Extra system!
If there’s a feature you need, chances are MS2 Extra can do it!
- Cam/ crank wheel decoding for a stack of different ignition system trigger wheels
- Coil on plug/wasted spark ignition
- 16×16 Volumetric Efficiency (VE) and 12 x 12 Ignition Tables
- Boost control
- Shift Light control
- Water Injection control
- Knock Sensor Input
- Staged Injection
- 2 Stage Nitrous Control
- And plenty more! – Visit MSExtra.com for the full feature list!
Features / Benefits of all MegaSquirt EFI Systems
- Onboard MAP sensor for NA or boosted engines up to 21psi! (Upgradeable to 44psi)
- Speed density or Alpha-N.
- Use any injector – High or Low impedance.
- Compatible with output from narrowband sensors and wideband O2 systems.
- Log data on your laptop for later analysis.
- Tuning software is free for download and regularly updated with new features.
- Source code and hardware information is available online allowing you to customize things beyond the massive featureset already available if you choose.
- Includes proper female DB37 and DB15 connectors and shells for building your wiring harness.
- Professionally Machined Brushed Aluminum Case with Endplates. Excellent Fit and Finish! Flanged for easy mounting.
- Supports use of original MS tach input, ignition coil triggering, VR, Hall and Optical sensor triggering.
MS2 Extra MegaSquirt 2 processor-specific features:
- 24 MHz HCS12 processor
- Fuel control to 1 µsec (100 times more resolution than MegaSquirt-I)
- Ignition control (full spark timing advance control, dwell control, etc) for one coil/distributor (7 pin HEI for example) and Ford’s EDIS systems
- On-board stepper motor driver for IAC stepper control (we install the jumpers for this by default)
- Ford PWM idle valve firmware support
- Built-in rev limiter, either ‘fuel cut’ or ‘spark retard’
- All tables are now 12×12 in size
- WBO2 AFR target table (in AFR units)
- Independent dual-tables for VE and AFR target
- EGO feedback in wide-band mode is proportional to the difference between the measured AFR and the target AFR, the bigger the difference, the bigger the feedback step
- Spark advance table can have different rpm and kpa bins than VE and AFR tables
- CANbus networking
- Barometric correction amount and direction configurable in software, and provisions for:
- barometric correction based on initial MAP reading
- independent 2nd barometric MAP sensor for continuous real-time baro correction or
- no baro correction.
- TPS values for open loop and flood clear mode are user configurable
- MAP based open loop can be set as well as TPS
- Both TPS and MAP based accel enrichment is built into the code, you can configure the ratio of each
- Blended Alpha-N and speed density is an option
- 2 spare I/O lines for custom controls. (This is in addition to 4 lines for Idle stepper control if you don’t need this, or the Fast idle solenoid then becomes a spare if you do use a stepper motor.)
Features specific to the latest PCB Version 3.57 Surface Mount PCB
- 90% of components converted to surface mount. This standardizes the part numbers used, as well as the assembly process, resulting in consistently high quality. (I know you were already used to that from us here at DIYAutoTune ;)
- All standard ignition input settings are now easily set by jumper shunts, no need to bust out your soldering iron to change your base hardware ignition configuration anymore!
- Pulse-Width Modulated (PWM) Idle Valves are now natively supported by the PCBv3.57 hardware without the need for modification. This is one of the coolest features as this was a very common modification that will no longer be needed. The circuitry on the PCBv3.57 will control a standard on/off fast idle valve, or a 2/3 wire PWM Idle valve!
- MS2 Extra code allows using the PWM idle valve output for open or closed loop boost control as well!
- Enhanced I/O Capabilities
- DB15 Added for bringing signals into/out of the ECU
- Common signal pickup points (IE ‘top of the LEDs, etc’) are brought out to easily accessible solder pads
- LEDs are surface mounted