Part # MS130-K; MegaSquirt-I Programmable EFI System with V3.0 main board – Unassembled Kit with Black Case
Important Note: The BIP373 coil driver is sold separately and is only required for direct coil control. If you are using coils with internal or external ignition modules, you do not need any BIP373 drivers.
The MS130-K kit includes everything you will need to build your MegaSquirt ECU. The genuine B&G partial kit with PCB3.0, the Bill Of Materials, the case, pre-machined endplates and heatsink bar, even the tube of heatsink compound and a bit of jumper wire is included. All you add is tools, solder, and time! Only other thing you might need is a tuning cable if you don’t have one already. We have those available as well for a few bucks.
MS130-K Kit Bill Of Materials (BOM) Includes:
- All ‘Basic Components’
- PWM Flyback Damping Circuit components
- Hall Sensor/Coil(-) and VR Sensor Ignition Trigger Components
- Current Limiting Circuit Components
That’s right, every single option to put together a standard V3.0 build. We also stock mod kits to expand its functionality.
The MegaSquirt EFI System is truly the dream Electronic Fuel Injection computer for the DIYer. MegaSquirt has been installed on thousands of engines from restored classics to daily drivers to full on race-cars. Turbo, supercharged, or NA the MegaSquirt can handle your fueling needs. More information about MegaSquirt can be found here.
Features / Benefits of the MegaSquirt-I EFI System
- Onboard MAP sensor for N/A or boosted engines up to 21psi!
- Speed density or Alpha-N.
- Use any injector – High or Low impedance.
- Compatible with output from narrowband sensors and wideband O2 systems.
- Log data on your laptop for later analysis.
- Tuning software is free for download and regularly updated with new features.
- Open Source design – all code and hardware information is available online.
- Includes proper female DB37 connector and shell for your wiring harness.
- Professionally Machined Brushed Aluminum Endplates. Excellent Fit and Finish!
- Brushed Aluminum Case with flanged ends for easy mounting.
Updated Features specific to the latest PCB Version 3.0
- All automotive temperature grade components for increased reliability.
- Higher quality 4 layer PCB for increased resistance to noise/crosstalk. All PCB’s electrically tested at the factory for enhanced quality control.
- Added current limiting circuitry to provide increased fault tolerance— it other words, it’s much harder to blow this thing up if you make a mistake!
- Uprated Flyback circuitry is now built in- bring on the low-z injectors!
- Onboard Heatsink bar
- Large Prototype area onboard- for adding custom circuitry to your ECU
- Supports use of original MS tach input, ignition coil triggering, VR, Hall and Optical sensor triggering.
- Direct Ignition coil driver is now on-board
MS1/Extra firmware allows this board to be extended well beyond its original plans. Here are some of the things you can do with the latest code and suitable hardware mods:
- Ignition Control, distributor-based and distributorless (DIS) systems
- 12×12 Volumetric Efficiency (VE) and Ignition Tables
- Closed loop boost control
- Rev limiters
- Shift Light control
- Water Injection control
- Knock Sensor Input
Mod kits to add new hardware features are sold separately.
Read about how to use MS1/Extra at MSExtra.com!
Fully upgradeable to MegaSquirt II or III Fuel and Ignition Controller
This unit can be upgraded to MegaSquirt 2 or 3 and you’ll have the following new/improved features:
- Ignition control (full spark timing advance control, dwell control, etc) for one coil/distributor, distributorless, and EDIS systems,
- Fuel/Spark tuning tables at 12×12 resolution or even up to 16×16 fuel table resolution running the latest MS2-Extra firmware
- On-board stepper motor driver for IAC stepper control (this will require a few jumper wires to be added on the MegaSquirt PCB)
- More processor speed
- 100X greater pulse width resolution
- Easier configuration and tuning setup
- MS3 adds significant extra I/O capabilities including 8cyl ignition and sequential fuel control
Schematics and source code are publically available for tinkerers!
You can customize both the hardware and the firmware to meet your needs. Schematics are published to help with troubleshooting and modifications, and the firmware is available in assembly language if you wish to write your own code!
As with all DIYAutoTune.com un-assembled kits, the quality is second to none. Everything is meticulously organized and labeled to help make your ECU assembly go as smoothly as possible. For example, each of the above bags contains a certain type of part, one with all of the resistors, one with diodes, one with capacitors, etc. Inside each of these bags the parts are further broken down and labeled in theri own individual baggies as pictured below. We even go so far as to put the components in numeric order to make finding them easier. We’ve really tried to think of everything….
Includes everything you need to build the ECU shown below, only the case will be black anodzied.